Monday, August 07, 2006

Well, as you know, I am a big thinker so there's been a lot on my mind lately:


But, interspersed in all those high and mighty thoughts, I am thinking about how very many things are wrong with +Don's little meeting in Navasota.

I mean, here's a guy who says he is formed by his vow to uphold the faith, unity and discipline of the church... blah, blah, blah... And yet he is inviting schism by hosting a meeting of only those who agree with his very narrow views. Some unity, huh?

What +Don should have said is that he takes seriously his vow to uphold unity among those with whom he agrees, unity with those he likes, unity with Canterbury. But, in no case, does he mean to imply that he seeks unity with a bunch of nasty queers.

Yet again I can only give thanks to God that I got kicked out of this diocese. I am an Episcopalian, after all. I don't belong here.

Been thinking about that today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home