Sunday, July 16, 2006

I am up very late tonight thinking about where/whether to go to church in the morning. Not too unusual, really. How to snag the sacrament is a weekly dilemma.
  • I can trespass into an Episcopal Church. Don't like that.
  • I can always go to the RCs. They don't like that.
  • Let's face it, Lutherans are tacky and don't even do it correctly.
  • Methodists don't even pretend they are doing anything except a reenactment.
...It's a problem. Obtaining the sacrament.

Here's the thing, though... I do not encounter Jesus in the Eucharist. It's dead for me. I mean, if we're just being honest. It's dead. A clever manipulation of the masses.

About all I encounter in the mass anymore is arrogant priests, pleased with themselves for God knows why.

I'm not doing this anymore. I'm not going. The rest of you go on... Believe whatever you want. I used to believe too.

I don't believe anymore.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Linda,
I hope that you have found your way, and that God has made it clear to you how and where He would have you worship Him. If you are truly looking for a place to experience Jesus, you needn't look farther than your own heart, because Jesus is alive in each one of us. So please don't give up on following Christ just because you haven't found a church where you can really get in touch with God. He loves you so much and desires to have a personal relationship with you! Please contact me if you would like to talk about this more.
Sincerely,
Dane danestych@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home